Qualitative Design and Data Collection Camp
Offered exclusively in online formatRegister
Would you like to improve your project decision-making?
Do you want to be more engaged and present during qualitative data collection?
Do you want to learn how to embrace necessary evolution in your qualitative projects?
Join us at ResearchTalk’s Qualitative Design and Data Collection Camp, March 13-16, 2023.
Join us for 3.5 days of focused attention on improving your ability to design and execute qualitative projects. Our mentor team will help you work in a way that keeps you engaged and motivated through the life of your project.
Our camp participants appreciate the opportunity to give themselves “permission” to spend time with their project, away from their busy work and family lives, with coaching from our team of experts.
Take advantage of the opportunity to interact with fellow qualitative researchers across a variety of disciplines.
Event Highlights, Organization and Flow
- Three qualitative mentors with over 70 years combined experience in qualitative inquiry:
The ResearchTalk Team
- Ray Maietta, Ph.D.
- Alison Hamilton, Ph.D.
- Kristin Black, Ph.D.
- Ideal setting for research teams and individual researchers
- Low student-teacher ratios
Event Organization and Flow
- Our mentors will co-teach via open lecture/discussion format
- Day 1 begins with overview and introduction. As the camp progresses, we will enrich student understanding according to learning that emerges throughout the event
- The schedule will be structured to facilitate independent work periods when participants apply course content to their data
- The schedule is necessarily flexible as it will be built according to the skill level and priority needs of attendees
The main goal of this camp is to position you to develop an active and engaged posture toward designing and executing qualitative data collection projects. To accomplish this goal, we will emphasize strategies to employ a posture of openness, flexibility, and responsiveness in your design and data collection practices.
Camp content will direct interaction with three qualitative data collection strategies:
- One-on-one Interviews
- Dyadic Interviews
- Focus Groups
- 10:30 am – 5:00 pm Eastern
- 10:30 am – 5:00 pm Eastern
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm Eastern
What to Expect Prior to the Camp
- After registration you will receive a participant survey that asks for detail on your current work.
- We will ask you to send a draft of your data collection protocols/guides, if applicable. Note that we assume confidentiality in this process. If you require, we will sign confidentiality agreements that you provide.
- We will send you a brief list of suggested tasks to engage before the camp.
Registration and Pricing
- Standard registration ends
- Standard registration fee is $1,200.00
- Your seat is not officially held until payment is received in full.
- All payments should be made to “ResearchTalk”
- Seats for courses are not officially held until payment is received in full
- If full payment is not received by March 6, 2023 and we have not heard from you by that date, your registration will be cancelled and you will not be able to attend the camp
- Single day attendance is not accommodated
- 10% Discount for Students – use Discount Code “RT-Student10.” Student discount cannot be combined with any other discount offers